Go me! I just made up my first batch of homemade baby food. I know that may not be exciting for some of you but for me it is. Of course it was like the easiest thing ever! Why I was so nervous I don't know. Today's special is peas. I personally am not a fan of peas but that doesn't mean I won't shove them upon my child lol. Of course I had to take pictures of the experience, especially to scrapbook them.
1 frozen bag of peas. You could use frozen or fresh...for convenience I went the frozen route. I've been stocking up frozen veggies when the go on sale.
Magic Bullet (to puree food), ice cube trays for frozen storage, mini gladware container for a portion to eat asap, and a larger container just in case there's too much for the trays.
Add peas and 1/2 cup of water to saucepan, bring water to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer for a few minutes.
Strain peas. But leave some water in with them, or just add new water when you are pureeing.
Add peas to magic bullet cup and blend until pureed. You will probably have to add a bit of water when pureeing.
Look pureed peas!
Pour extra peas into the ice cube trays and freeze.
I had to puree the peas in 2 batches since I was using a magic bullet but I'm sure if you were using a food processor or blender it could be done in one batch. I plan on taking the pea cubes out of the trays once they are frozen and putting them into a freezer zip lock bag to store so that I can make up another batch of something else one day next week. Of course Kennedy will be eating the peas for a least a week but I like to be prepared.
And that is my baby food making adventure! So easy and quick and actually fun too! I can't wait til we can mix veggies and fruits and stuff together. Obviously for now it's 1 food per 5-7 days until she gets used to them and to make sure she doesn't have any allergies. Hopefully she doesn't.
I'm off to scrapbook or something for a bit while the little monster/lovebug/cupcake is asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment